Team Rider Interview with Mike Conlon
- What inspired you to start skateboarding?
when I was a kid my neighbor used to skate out front of our house. Ever since the first time I remember seeing this I wanted to skate.
- How long have you been skating?
I started skating late in 99' early 2000 so a solid 20 years.
- Who were your favorite skateboarders growing up? Who are they now?
Back then I liked Bob Burnquest, Arto Saari, Kerry Gets, Bam,Danny Way, Rodney Mullen, and Jamie Thomas. Today I still watch a lot of classics but I like Ben Raybourn, Torrey Pudwell, Pedro Barros, and Ishod Wair.
- How did you get involved with Old School?
I met John at FDR one day and the rest is history.
- Who is your favorite musician?
recently I've been listening to a lot of Chris Webby and Emancipatior
- What is your “Good skateboarding day” like ?
A good day of skating would involve a couple of parks and a new trick or 2 at each.
- What about fashion? Is there a skater look?
I think you can normally tell that someone skates just from looking at their shoes but other than that there's no specific style skaters stick to.
- What frustrates you in today’s skateboarding culture?
The thing that frustrates me about today's culture is more or less me being jealous of a the parks available today that weren't 20 years ago. The skate culture is really incredible.
- Where do you like to skate (any particular spots, parks)?
My favorite spot is FDR by a long shot. There are tons of little public parks around that are fun too but nothing compares to FDR.
- What is your favorite trick?
My favorite trick is 360's. I do them almost everywhere in any way I can.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years I still see myself skating and working hard but by then I should have a house and hopefully a mini ramp in the garage.